Skip to main content

100 days for me.

100 days.
It seems so long, but goes by so quick when you're living it.

100 days ago I made a commitment to a 100 day program. Not just for the results, but for me.
I committed to showing up every single day doing the best I could. To give to my health & happiness. My goal through the 100 days was just that; to be happy, find my happy & take care of me.

You see, so many times people start a fitness journey because they want to lose weight. They focus on the scale, their jean size, the pain points they feel when they look in the mirror. They say yes because they want results, but give up before they get there.

But progress takes time.
Results take hard work.
It means showing up day in and day out.
It means being patient.

Motivation wont keep you going.
When life gets hard; you're tired, kids need you, your routine gets thrown off the first person you give up on is you. You have to find a big enough reason to keep going, so on those hard days you're willing to fight for yourself.

This program I was excited for!
30 minutes or less a day.
A 10 day cycle of different types of workouts: cardio, lifting, yoga. Cool jumps, badass flow & an empowering trainer.
UMMMM totally my jam.

From day 1 I was struggling. I had to slow down, modify and listen to my body, because well life after 3 C-sections, my lower abs don't work so well all the time (they are getting crazy strong, but it takes time).

I loved every second of these workouts. 30 minutes or less, sign me up!  If I can get up, move my body before my kids wake up, then I know I'm starting my day off on the right foot. &&& working out is NOT my favorite thing, so quick and effective is what I go for.
I loved that I can push play from anywhere. My house without having to drive to the gym, find childcare, saving me money and time. On my phone with the app while on vacations & business trips. Outside and in the gym. It was convenient.

I will say, I'm an instant gratification person. SOOOO by day 80 I was ready to be done, so I doubled up the last few weeks -- which was a bad Idea. My body was so sore and my back ached so much the last week (hello weak core & tight hips). I literally had to take 3 days off after I completed the program because I had pushed myself so hard.

My nutrition was good and bad. I'm a foodie, I love junk. So I know how to eat right and fuel my body but I also struggle with wanting to treeeeeat myself. But I think its part of my journey to find the balance in not obsessing over eating right on plan and being able to enjoy "life" without over indulging in junk food. On top of that, Im also a stress eater and/or non eater. Where I don't fuel my body when I'm stressed out. And I had a lot of days where I wouldn't hardly eat. My body, it doesn't react well to that at all.

Still, everyday I showed up. Through the ups and downs of life.
I had good days, bad days & everything in between. The thing about life is that it always happening. Its not like the stars align and everything just works out.
You'll always be thrown curve balls. Its what you do with it that matters.

The past 100 days Ive had some of my biggest struggles in friendships & business. Ive doubted myself, I've let me mean girl get loud, but I show up each day fighting for that sunshine. I show up because I know the person I was before I started taking care of me is not a person I ever want to go back to. && I show up today stronger.

100 days later, I feel proud.

&& the best part is I didn't have to do it alone. I had a virtual group of women, fighting beside me. Today we push play on 100 days together! 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Bake Super Cookie

Anyone else struggle with after school snacks? My kids, they LOVE junk. They walk in the door begging for candy, chips, cookies. All the things they don't need. I've made it a mission of mine to provide them healthy options when they get home. Today we are mixing up an old favorite &&& we even put a spin on it! No Bake Cookies, make with my supershake (Shakeology). We did vanilla & chocolate because my oldest is just like me; NOT a chocolate eater. So he has peanut butter flavor. These boys are gonna go nutsssss for these. I LOVE this option because its sweet, so to them its a treat. But it has the vitamins and nutrients from my supershake to help fuel their body (it acts like 7 salads) so #momwin I don't feel guilty packing this in their lunch, letting them grab a couple as they run and play. No Bake Super Cookie Ingredients: 2 scoops chocolate Shakeology OR vanilla Shakeology 1 cup oats 1 cup Peanut Butter 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup coconut o

$10 Tuesday | Breakfast edition

You know my goal is $10 or less, What if I told you breakfast for under $2?!? YUPPPPPP! Friends, get on my level.  That's cheaper than stopping at the gas station, running through fast food and 100x healthier! Let me share with you one of my favorite breakfast meals! Overnight Oats & Eggs Super simple, super easy, budget win. x Now let's break it down. Oatmeal -- $2.29 Blueberries -- $2.29 Almond Milk -- $1.99 Eggs -- .88 Mushrooms -- 1.89 ________________________ Total spent = $6.57 But wait, that's before breaking it down by the number of days you can use it for. This is over a weeks worth of breakfast y'all. One tub of oatmeal can last me 2+ weeks! Eggs, you have plenty for 6 days, etc. So let me show you my best guess. Oatmeal -- $2.29 / 14 = .16 Blueberries -- $2.29 / 4 = .57 Almond Milk -- $1.99 / 7 = .28 Eggs -- .88 / 6 = .15 Mushrooms -- 1.89 / 5 = .38 __________________________ Total for one meal = $1.54 Mind.Blow

Guacamole, Guacamole!

Anyone else OBSESSED with guacamole, or is it just me?!? Im gonna be honest im so obsessed I could eat it all day everyday and not get tired of it. Buttttt buying it premade is a little bit pricey so I had to find a quick, simple recipe to make it from home. So I thought I would share with you! G o ahead and hit the save && share this link with a friend who would LOVE this recipe. Sharing is caring!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ Ingredients ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 cup finely minced onion⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 4 ripe avocados⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 Roma tomato diced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 c cilantro minced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp ground cumin⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 tsp minced jalapeno (optional)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Directions⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Cut avocados in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seed. Scoop out the flesh and add to a bowl. A dd lime juice then use a fork to mash until creamy, but still chunky. Stir in the tomato, cilantro, cumin, onions, salt &