Skip to main content

$10 Tuesday | Breakfast edition

You know my goal is $10 or less,
What if I told you breakfast for under $2?!? YUPPPPPP!

Friends, get on my level. 
That's cheaper than stopping at the gas station, running through fast food and 100x healthier! Let me share with you one of my favorite breakfast meals!

Overnight Oats & Eggs
Super simple, super easy, budget win.
x


Now let's break it down.
Oatmeal -- $2.29
Blueberries -- $2.29
Almond Milk -- $1.99
Eggs -- .88
Mushrooms -- 1.89
________________________
Total spent = $6.57

But wait, that's before breaking it down by the number of days you can use it for. This is over a weeks worth of breakfast y'all.
One tub of oatmeal can last me 2+ weeks! Eggs, you have plenty for 6 days, etc. So let me show you my best guess.


Oatmeal -- $2.29 / 14 = .16
Blueberries -- $2.29 / 4 = .57
Almond Milk -- $1.99 / 7 = .28
Eggs -- .88 / 6 = .15
Mushrooms -- 1.89 / 5 = .38
__________________________
Total for one meal = $1.54

Mind.Blown

But, you want to get wild & mix it up a little?
Add in some all natural sweetener for your oatmeal (honey or pure maple syrup).
Don't like blueberries? Go without. Instead have a banana because they are CHEAPPPP fruit.
Don't like mushrooms, that's ok choose your favorite veggies to saute up with them.
Don't like your eggs over easy; scramble those puppies. 

The eggs aren't any fancy recipe, but let me share my overnight oats here. && I love prepping 3-4 jars ahead of time and save money. You can prep eggs ahead too! So breakfast will be super simple and you can have ready to go.


Overnight Oats
Ingredients
½ cup oatmeal
½ cup fruit
½ cup almond milk
optional toppings:
1 tsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon
Instructions
Mix all ingredients together and set in the fridge until ready to eat! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Bake Super Cookie

Anyone else struggle with after school snacks? My kids, they LOVE junk. They walk in the door begging for candy, chips, cookies. All the things they don't need. I've made it a mission of mine to provide them healthy options when they get home. Today we are mixing up an old favorite &&& we even put a spin on it! No Bake Cookies, make with my supershake (Shakeology). We did vanilla & chocolate because my oldest is just like me; NOT a chocolate eater. So he has peanut butter flavor. These boys are gonna go nutsssss for these. I LOVE this option because its sweet, so to them its a treat. But it has the vitamins and nutrients from my supershake to help fuel their body (it acts like 7 salads) so #momwin I don't feel guilty packing this in their lunch, letting them grab a couple as they run and play. No Bake Super Cookie Ingredients: 2 scoops chocolate Shakeology OR vanilla Shakeology 1 cup oats 1 cup Peanut Butter 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup coconut o

Guacamole, Guacamole!

Anyone else OBSESSED with guacamole, or is it just me?!? Im gonna be honest im so obsessed I could eat it all day everyday and not get tired of it. Buttttt buying it premade is a little bit pricey so I had to find a quick, simple recipe to make it from home. So I thought I would share with you! G o ahead and hit the save && share this link with a friend who would LOVE this recipe. Sharing is caring!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ Ingredients ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 cup finely minced onion⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 4 ripe avocados⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 Roma tomato diced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 c cilantro minced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp ground cumin⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 tsp minced jalapeno (optional)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Directions⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Cut avocados in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seed. Scoop out the flesh and add to a bowl. A dd lime juice then use a fork to mash until creamy, but still chunky. Stir in the tomato, cilantro, cumin, onions, salt &