Skip to main content

Breathless Riviera Cancun

This past weekend, my husband and I were able to get away with a few friends to enjoy some sunshine in Mexico. Let me just say it was a much needed relaxing getaway. 


Marriage is hard. Add kids into the mix, its pure chaos. We decided to get married and have kids STAT. We knew that's what we wanted and thankfully God liked our plan. But with that came struggle. We barely knew how to live with each other and love each other let alone balance other human beings.

We made it a goal to go on one vacation each year, just us -- A getaway so we can reconnect and get time just us. This year we went big!
My 30th, his birthday, our anniversary we had lots to celebrate so we went back to one of our FAVORITE locations: Breathless Riviera Cancun. If you’ve never been to Mexico, put this place on your list. I will warn you however, you get spoiled. 
Let me share with you my favorite things about this resort! 

This resort is newer (roughly 5 years). It is an all inclusive, adult only resort. Which means your food, your stay, your drinks are in that initial price you pay. Let me just say all inclusive is the WAY TO GO! It’s so nice to be able to just go about your day, not worrying about paying more. We personally love adult only because when we see kids running around, well we miss ours. 

Upon arriving at the resort you pull into legit paradise. Its gorgeous from the second you get off the bus. One thing this resort is known as is a party resort && it lives up to that. It has 3 different pools, a quiet exclusive pool, middle pool and party pool. But everywhere they have djs & music to really keep it fun.

Each day they have fun events and their entertainment crew is TOP notch. Between beach volleyball, fun games at the bar such as darts, bingo, trivia, dance lessons and everything in between. You can either lay out and enjoy a quiet day or jam pack it fun of fun!
There is also free snorkeling, paddle boarding, kayaking along the resort. On top of that each week they have foam parties at the party pool. If you’ve never been to a foam party -- hit it upppp! Its fun with a DJ overhead




and pool side dancers.

Speaking of pools, if swim up bars are your jam. You will be pleased because this resort has them. You can literally sit in the pool for hours and not have to move. AND if you tip well, the server doesn't hesitate wadding out and bringing your drinks to you. When I say they cater, they truly do! They walk around nonstop getting you drinks, water, sometimes even delivering food!

That leads me to my next point. FOOOOD! Their food is to die for. This was the very first resort we ever went to and when we went to another, we were sadly disappointed. Not here. They have multiple restaurants all with various food types; french, italian, mexican, hibachi just to name a few. They also have a buffet that you can come and go as you please (with amazing food). Our favorite though is the grill right in the center of the pool. During lunch hours it is a place called bites with small portions of delicious foods. At dinner it turns into the strip grill where you can enjoy AMAZING steaks. The only restaurant you need reservations for is the hibachi restaurant but let me tell you it is worth the date. It was SO dang good. If you love coffee, then your trip won't be complete without hitting up the nook where they have fresh coffee, pastries and ice cream! (They even had popcorn ice cream!)




I personally am not a night owl. My habits make it so I wake up early and start my day in the gym. They have a cute little gym right down by the spa however I prefer trying out on of their many options OR taking my workout to the beach! This time they had yoga at the exhale side AND a workout called Strong 30 which is a Zumba variation. Not an early bird, no worries they have water aerobics around 11 in the middle pool. Literally all the options.

If you’re like me and your not a late night person you might consider paying a little extra for an upgrade to the exhale side. Because of an evening, they do have shows, live bands and djs in the center of the resort to entertain you. Which is a downfall if your room is right above that.
The Exhale is an exclusive upgrade that you can purchase. This gets you a room on the entrance end of the resort, access to the “private” quiet pool, lounge and other fun perks. To me, i'm ok paying the cheaper price!

If you are a night owl, on top of the live music and djs they have a show place called showstoppers. We attended a show that was a tribute to Queen. Upon arrival they gave us popcorn and a beer! (no worries there is a bar in there too). It was sooo good and the dancers were awesome. They have a whole team of entertainers who dance on poles, swings, lift and throw each other. It's truly amazing seeing how talented they are. On top of that, they have a night club that starts late at night and goes until early morning.

Maybe you're like me though. You just come to relax. Then I recommend the round pool all day at the end of the party pool. Its smooth, relaxing and the perfect mix of shade, sun and fun. && if you’re lucky the spa people will be walking around offering discounts! Their spa is top notchhhhh. If you get a full body massage you can arrive early and take advantage of the pool facilities -- a steam room, massage pool, cool water dip and relaxing pool. All before you even have your massage!

Overall this resort is PERFECT mix of fun and relaxing. I have so many favorite things about this place that I can go on and on about, but for now I just have to encourage you to check it out. If you want to see true behind the scenes of my trip go follow me on IG and check out my Mexico story highlights!






























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Bake Super Cookie

Anyone else struggle with after school snacks? My kids, they LOVE junk. They walk in the door begging for candy, chips, cookies. All the things they don't need. I've made it a mission of mine to provide them healthy options when they get home. Today we are mixing up an old favorite &&& we even put a spin on it! No Bake Cookies, make with my supershake (Shakeology). We did vanilla & chocolate because my oldest is just like me; NOT a chocolate eater. So he has peanut butter flavor. These boys are gonna go nutsssss for these. I LOVE this option because its sweet, so to them its a treat. But it has the vitamins and nutrients from my supershake to help fuel their body (it acts like 7 salads) so #momwin I don't feel guilty packing this in their lunch, letting them grab a couple as they run and play. No Bake Super Cookie Ingredients: 2 scoops chocolate Shakeology OR vanilla Shakeology 1 cup oats 1 cup Peanut Butter 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup coconut o

$10 Tuesday | Breakfast edition

You know my goal is $10 or less, What if I told you breakfast for under $2?!? YUPPPPPP! Friends, get on my level.  That's cheaper than stopping at the gas station, running through fast food and 100x healthier! Let me share with you one of my favorite breakfast meals! Overnight Oats & Eggs Super simple, super easy, budget win. x Now let's break it down. Oatmeal -- $2.29 Blueberries -- $2.29 Almond Milk -- $1.99 Eggs -- .88 Mushrooms -- 1.89 ________________________ Total spent = $6.57 But wait, that's before breaking it down by the number of days you can use it for. This is over a weeks worth of breakfast y'all. One tub of oatmeal can last me 2+ weeks! Eggs, you have plenty for 6 days, etc. So let me show you my best guess. Oatmeal -- $2.29 / 14 = .16 Blueberries -- $2.29 / 4 = .57 Almond Milk -- $1.99 / 7 = .28 Eggs -- .88 / 6 = .15 Mushrooms -- 1.89 / 5 = .38 __________________________ Total for one meal = $1.54 Mind.Blow

Guacamole, Guacamole!

Anyone else OBSESSED with guacamole, or is it just me?!? Im gonna be honest im so obsessed I could eat it all day everyday and not get tired of it. Buttttt buying it premade is a little bit pricey so I had to find a quick, simple recipe to make it from home. So I thought I would share with you! G o ahead and hit the save && share this link with a friend who would LOVE this recipe. Sharing is caring!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ Ingredients ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 cup finely minced onion⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 4 ripe avocados⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 Roma tomato diced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 c cilantro minced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp ground cumin⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 tsp minced jalapeno (optional)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Directions⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Cut avocados in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seed. Scoop out the flesh and add to a bowl. A dd lime juice then use a fork to mash until creamy, but still chunky. Stir in the tomato, cilantro, cumin, onions, salt &