Skip to main content

Back to School Vibes

Being a mom is weird.

This past week my kids jumped back into the school routine. I don't know if you're like me, but routine changes are hard for me. I love being in control. I love plans and being early vs being late. I like having my shit together.
Routine changes, they remind me... I NEVER have my shit together.

This year, we have two boys riding the big bus to school each day which makes my morning routine much easier because I don't have to leave the house! But honestly, this year was harder for me, emotionally.

We've had a good summer. We've enjoyed time at home, went on adventures, they laughed and played & got along SO GOOD all summer (which makes it easier for momma to work.) This summer we genuinely got more time together. If you know me and my story, quality time is all I ever want. It was my goal with my business to create freedom for my family. So being able to have the flexibility and freedom to do what we wanted when we wanted; that was LIFE. I hate the idea of being tied down to the rules of someone else and how we spend our time. So I didn't want it to start back up yet.

When summer ended I truthfully was a little sad and a whole lot scared.
What will life look like with me and Little Flash here everyday by ourselves. Would I be able to work? Would he miss his brothers? Only time would tell. -- spoiler alert: one week in and we are getting into a good groove.

With my 1st grader it was the normal, first day of school picture, meet his teacher, get him on the bus and back to the grind. I felt so confident because coincidently his teacher was MY teacher when I was in first grade. Cool right? So I know she's awesome and he is in amazing hands. He's been to school before, he knows it. He's a first born -- so he's a leader, a rule follower.

My middle child, well with him we had to do all the K prep stuff & it kinda broke my heart a little. He's always been a daddy's boy. Never really "connected" to me, around me he's independent and strong willed. He's an emotional human. He wears his heart on his sleeve. He has food allergies. He gets his feelings hurt easy and sometimes doesn't know how to handle his feelings. So I was worried. How would this huge transition be for him? Would he take it ok? Would the school listen to his needs? I mean they have so much to focus on.

They started something new this year for K parents though. We did a half day orientation where we met his teacher, walked through the halls, ate lunch, just got familiar. We met her (even though strangely enough she's our neighbor! So again I know he's in great hands). But as she read through the rules and just talked about her classroom I couldn't help but get emotional. I could FEEL her passion behind her love for these kids she didn't even know yet.

She talked about how our kids comfort was first ALWAYS, no matter what.
And it just made me sit and feel.



This is a big step. Going to school.
I know we just brush it off like its life, its part of it, we cant wait to get our kids back. But if you sit and think this is a big freaking deal. This is them gaining their independence. Another year of their life gone to growing and becoming their own person.

Their teachers, they are the some of the most influential people in their lives. We are trusting them with the most precious thing to us. This classroom will help mold them into who they one day will become. & its a beautiful, bittersweet thing.

Its beautiful to watch them learn new things; change, earn freedom and responsibility. Its awesome seeing them get bigger and find their voice and personality.
Its sad to see your baby grow. To see them become their own person. To deal with life and responsibility.

We always worry, are we doing enough? Are we guiding them right? Am I even good at this whole mom thing or am I totally effing it up?!? But just worrying about it means I can recognize my actions, my feelings and I get to decide everyday what kind of mom I show up as.

You see life is us just trying to do the best we can daily. Learning on our own, figuring out how to deal with those around us, including our kids; we are doing the best we can with what we have. **Thank you Mel Robbins for that life changing insight**

This transition is just the next one in our ever changing life. I'm embracing it, feeling it and celebrating it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Bake Super Cookie

Anyone else struggle with after school snacks? My kids, they LOVE junk. They walk in the door begging for candy, chips, cookies. All the things they don't need. I've made it a mission of mine to provide them healthy options when they get home. Today we are mixing up an old favorite &&& we even put a spin on it! No Bake Cookies, make with my supershake (Shakeology). We did vanilla & chocolate because my oldest is just like me; NOT a chocolate eater. So he has peanut butter flavor. These boys are gonna go nutsssss for these. I LOVE this option because its sweet, so to them its a treat. But it has the vitamins and nutrients from my supershake to help fuel their body (it acts like 7 salads) so #momwin I don't feel guilty packing this in their lunch, letting them grab a couple as they run and play. No Bake Super Cookie Ingredients: 2 scoops chocolate Shakeology OR vanilla Shakeology 1 cup oats 1 cup Peanut Butter 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup coconut o

$10 Tuesday | Breakfast edition

You know my goal is $10 or less, What if I told you breakfast for under $2?!? YUPPPPPP! Friends, get on my level.  That's cheaper than stopping at the gas station, running through fast food and 100x healthier! Let me share with you one of my favorite breakfast meals! Overnight Oats & Eggs Super simple, super easy, budget win. x Now let's break it down. Oatmeal -- $2.29 Blueberries -- $2.29 Almond Milk -- $1.99 Eggs -- .88 Mushrooms -- 1.89 ________________________ Total spent = $6.57 But wait, that's before breaking it down by the number of days you can use it for. This is over a weeks worth of breakfast y'all. One tub of oatmeal can last me 2+ weeks! Eggs, you have plenty for 6 days, etc. So let me show you my best guess. Oatmeal -- $2.29 / 14 = .16 Blueberries -- $2.29 / 4 = .57 Almond Milk -- $1.99 / 7 = .28 Eggs -- .88 / 6 = .15 Mushrooms -- 1.89 / 5 = .38 __________________________ Total for one meal = $1.54 Mind.Blow

Guacamole, Guacamole!

Anyone else OBSESSED with guacamole, or is it just me?!? Im gonna be honest im so obsessed I could eat it all day everyday and not get tired of it. Buttttt buying it premade is a little bit pricey so I had to find a quick, simple recipe to make it from home. So I thought I would share with you! G o ahead and hit the save && share this link with a friend who would LOVE this recipe. Sharing is caring!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ Ingredients ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 cup finely minced onion⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 4 ripe avocados⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 Roma tomato diced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 c cilantro minced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp ground cumin⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 tsp minced jalapeno (optional)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Directions⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Cut avocados in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seed. Scoop out the flesh and add to a bowl. A dd lime juice then use a fork to mash until creamy, but still chunky. Stir in the tomato, cilantro, cumin, onions, salt &