Skip to main content

Hiking | Lake Charleston

Do you ever just want to like escape. Just you, your thoughts and some peace and quite? As a momma even when I get a break, its NOT a break. I normally have a laundry list of to-do things from my husband, kids and of course the house.

A mom's job is NEVER done and yall that shit is exhausting.

I learned, you just gotta set some boundaries by taking time for you. WHOAH. Its so unthinkable I know. I was totally that mom too. I can't stop. Stopping, my family can't function without me. This is my list; who else is going to do it?!?!?

But this crazy thing happens. When you step back, slow down and just recenter you feel SO MUCH BETTER. So now I try to take time for me weekly. Whether its laying in my hammock during naptime, hanging out with friends or staying up late eating ice cream & junk tv; I know I need it for me. 

When Kristin messaged me saying she was going to be home I instantly knew what I wanted to do. Shes so me, she loves getting outside, hiking, exploring, just slowing down and quiet. So we opted for a nice hike around the lake -- kid free! It was just what my heart needed too.

Something about nature around sunrise, I just cant get enough of it. Maybe its because I'm an early bird? The love for new? The birds chirping and sunshine? Or a combo of it all.

We got up early right at day break, laced up our shoes and hit the trail. This particular trail takes you the entire way around the lake and its so peaceful. The first part is road/ paved/rock but when you hit the trees its a smaller nicely cleared trail. It goes up and around then curves back up into the woods. As we made it back around the wooded area and started going up hill it did get more narrow and a little harder as it got steeper. But right when we were winded it broke open for the most perfect view of the lake. This point there are other trails you can take we opted for circling the lake and ended out by the fishing doc. It took us about an hour and half to make it around and it was perfect.

We got much needed time to catch up, chat and clear our minds. You never know how much you need that time until you take it. But that's why I want to remind you. Do something for you this weekend!

When is the last time you got out by yourself or with a close friend?
When is the last time you pushed your todo list aside and said not today!?
When is the last time you slowed down.

There is nothing selfish about recharging. Its so necessary to take time for ourselves because that how we show up happier and healthier.




For me, im so grateful for her friendship. She keeps me grounded, lively & relaxed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Bake Super Cookie

Anyone else struggle with after school snacks? My kids, they LOVE junk. They walk in the door begging for candy, chips, cookies. All the things they don't need. I've made it a mission of mine to provide them healthy options when they get home. Today we are mixing up an old favorite &&& we even put a spin on it! No Bake Cookies, make with my supershake (Shakeology). We did vanilla & chocolate because my oldest is just like me; NOT a chocolate eater. So he has peanut butter flavor. These boys are gonna go nutsssss for these. I LOVE this option because its sweet, so to them its a treat. But it has the vitamins and nutrients from my supershake to help fuel their body (it acts like 7 salads) so #momwin I don't feel guilty packing this in their lunch, letting them grab a couple as they run and play. No Bake Super Cookie Ingredients: 2 scoops chocolate Shakeology OR vanilla Shakeology 1 cup oats 1 cup Peanut Butter 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup coconut o

$10 Tuesday | Breakfast edition

You know my goal is $10 or less, What if I told you breakfast for under $2?!? YUPPPPPP! Friends, get on my level.  That's cheaper than stopping at the gas station, running through fast food and 100x healthier! Let me share with you one of my favorite breakfast meals! Overnight Oats & Eggs Super simple, super easy, budget win. x Now let's break it down. Oatmeal -- $2.29 Blueberries -- $2.29 Almond Milk -- $1.99 Eggs -- .88 Mushrooms -- 1.89 ________________________ Total spent = $6.57 But wait, that's before breaking it down by the number of days you can use it for. This is over a weeks worth of breakfast y'all. One tub of oatmeal can last me 2+ weeks! Eggs, you have plenty for 6 days, etc. So let me show you my best guess. Oatmeal -- $2.29 / 14 = .16 Blueberries -- $2.29 / 4 = .57 Almond Milk -- $1.99 / 7 = .28 Eggs -- .88 / 6 = .15 Mushrooms -- 1.89 / 5 = .38 __________________________ Total for one meal = $1.54 Mind.Blow

Guacamole, Guacamole!

Anyone else OBSESSED with guacamole, or is it just me?!? Im gonna be honest im so obsessed I could eat it all day everyday and not get tired of it. Buttttt buying it premade is a little bit pricey so I had to find a quick, simple recipe to make it from home. So I thought I would share with you! G o ahead and hit the save && share this link with a friend who would LOVE this recipe. Sharing is caring!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ Ingredients ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 cup finely minced onion⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 4 ripe avocados⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 Roma tomato diced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 c cilantro minced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp ground cumin⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 tsp minced jalapeno (optional)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Directions⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Cut avocados in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seed. Scoop out the flesh and add to a bowl. A dd lime juice then use a fork to mash until creamy, but still chunky. Stir in the tomato, cilantro, cumin, onions, salt &