Skip to main content

Through Sickness & Health

Ya'll it's been interesting over here.
I know its been a few weeks since I've blogged & I'm just gonna keep it real, its because my focus right now is keeping my head above water!

Being a mom is hard, being a wife is hard, being a business owner is hard, loving yourself is hard, staying healthy is hard, shit LIFE is hard. But its what you do with the hard thrown at you that actually counts.

With holidays, kids home from break & ending the year on new years eve with Kenny having surgery, we ended 2019 straight wildddddd. So 2020 we brought in with a whole new learning curve.
If you know me, or follow me regularly. You know I thriiiiivvvveee on routine. So i'm like a new little baby trying to walk through this chaos without falling down.
*spoiler alert, i'm clumsy AF*

I will be back to a regular schedule, at some point, but I know that point isn't today so I'm just controlling the controllable.

That's the secret though.
To a good life, to a good marriage. It isn't about perfect. You aren't actually in control of ANYTHING. You gotta learn to roll with the punches. You've got to be ok falling and getting back up. You have to have faith and do your best.

For me, I've been seeing that in my marriage. They say through sickness and health and boy do they mean it. Kenny lost his ACL in a house fire 6 years ago and it recently went bad. So we luckily were able to squeeze him in to get a replacement before the end of this year.
For the past two weeks we'e been adjusting.

It's more for me to take on. But also he has lost his independence.
Hello overwhelm, hello chaos, hello adjustment.

He feels guilty because he can't do things and he knows it takes a lot from me. I feel bad when I get overwhelmed because it makes him feel bad. Its a crazy cycle.
We came home from the hospital with alarms set every 3 hours -- dude, its like life with a newborn.
We have adjusted to sleeping in the living room. Him in a chair, me on the couch.
I've had to help him walk, stand, make his food and plates.
I realized how much of his independence I take for granted.
He is my biggest supporter and biggest help. He helps keep the house clean and dishes done. Y'all, don't come over right now! HAHAHAH

But the thing is, I choose this.
I WANT to be the person to help him. I want to care for him. That is a promise I made. I'm grateful AF that I get to be his person. That he chooses me.

Life will throw you curveballs. You'll face battles and challenges.
Are you looking for/at the bad? Or are you thanking God that you have this.
For the next 12 weeks, I get my husband home with me everyday.

I get to talk to him, see his smile, love him more. He gets the opportunity to be needy & get my help. He gets to help our boys with homework & bedtime routine.
We get unexpected breakfast dates & time with the kiddos.
WE get more time & that's all I've ever prayed for.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S'more fun

I've missed date nights! With total chaos erupting in the weaver home >> Holidays, surgery, recovery, sickness it honestly has not even been a possibility and dang is it noticeable in how we love each other. When my husband and I aren't getting that time to connect, talk, just be intentional with our relationship it makes room for doubt, frustration and distance. We have both been feeling it. Even being together practically 24/7 it hasn't been focused. We knew it was time to bring back date nights as a weekly thing! && both of us were pumped up. Last year we bought this cool little book to help with date night ideas.Its called the adventure challenge. It was $40 but its FILLED with surprise dates. YUP A SURPRISE! How it works is you read the icons to see what you need/how to prepare & the name of the date and pick. When you scratch it, you're committing to it -- no matter what. Scratch it off and complete the date. So we picked one & scratched it ...

Improving your Marriage

So many have been asking and encouraging me to share about marriage. Which honestly is so interesting to me because often Kenny and I fail. We struggle. We are human and humans make mistakes. In life each of us are just doing the best we can. We don't have a users manual or a how to guide. We just show up and react to what life brings us. That's both good and bad. Because our actions are often defense mechanisms. We only know what we are taught OR what we are willing to go out of our way to learn or unlearn. I want to encourage you to LEARN about marriage, about your spouse, about you. You can look at the next couple on social media. How perfect they look. Their life, their love, their family & be envious. Compare yourself and your marriage. Pick apart your spouse because they don't do what her husband does. Let me just tell you, your marriage is yours alone. You have nothing to prove to the next person on facebook or instagram. When you're showing up for t...