Skip to main content

Kiddie Carnival


One thing you will learn about me is I LOVE adventures and memories. If you’ve ever heard of the love languages before -- I'm a quality time type of person. Being around people makes my heart happy and makes me feel valued and worthy.  -- that could be a whole blog post in itself -- back to this post.

Another thing you will notice is that I'm all about budgeting. SOOOO adventures for cheap or free, with people I love?!? YES, please. This makes my heart explode.

A few weeks ago, Kennys grandmas assisted living home hosted a carnival! I’ll be honest I almost didnt go. But it was grocery day and I asked the boys. Needless to say, they were heard over heeeeeeelss excited to go hang out with Gramz.
T
he carnival was small and cute. The staff was amazing and so much fun! They gave away all the prizes. My kids, of course are competitive so they kept trying harder and harder to get all the goodies.

On top of that, they made homemade lemon shake ups, funnel cakes & corn dogs. It was 100% free and seeing the smiles on the boys and Gramz face made it worth it.

I guess my point is never underestimate the time spent with people you love. Look for things happening in your community at places you never would have guessed. Call up Grandma & let her know you want to spend time with her! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Bake Super Cookie

Anyone else struggle with after school snacks? My kids, they LOVE junk. They walk in the door begging for candy, chips, cookies. All the things they don't need. I've made it a mission of mine to provide them healthy options when they get home. Today we are mixing up an old favorite &&& we even put a spin on it! No Bake Cookies, make with my supershake (Shakeology). We did vanilla & chocolate because my oldest is just like me; NOT a chocolate eater. So he has peanut butter flavor. These boys are gonna go nutsssss for these. I LOVE this option because its sweet, so to them its a treat. But it has the vitamins and nutrients from my supershake to help fuel their body (it acts like 7 salads) so #momwin I don't feel guilty packing this in their lunch, letting them grab a couple as they run and play. No Bake Super Cookie Ingredients: 2 scoops chocolate Shakeology OR vanilla Shakeology 1 cup oats 1 cup Peanut Butter 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup coconut o

$10 Tuesday | Breakfast edition

You know my goal is $10 or less, What if I told you breakfast for under $2?!? YUPPPPPP! Friends, get on my level.  That's cheaper than stopping at the gas station, running through fast food and 100x healthier! Let me share with you one of my favorite breakfast meals! Overnight Oats & Eggs Super simple, super easy, budget win. x Now let's break it down. Oatmeal -- $2.29 Blueberries -- $2.29 Almond Milk -- $1.99 Eggs -- .88 Mushrooms -- 1.89 ________________________ Total spent = $6.57 But wait, that's before breaking it down by the number of days you can use it for. This is over a weeks worth of breakfast y'all. One tub of oatmeal can last me 2+ weeks! Eggs, you have plenty for 6 days, etc. So let me show you my best guess. Oatmeal -- $2.29 / 14 = .16 Blueberries -- $2.29 / 4 = .57 Almond Milk -- $1.99 / 7 = .28 Eggs -- .88 / 6 = .15 Mushrooms -- 1.89 / 5 = .38 __________________________ Total for one meal = $1.54 Mind.Blow

$10 Tuesday | BBQ Chicken

Y'all know me. I'm all about budget friendly, simple & delicious foods. I like to keep it basic because I don't like to waste time && I definitely don't like the clean up. So I want to really focus on bringing that to you! I get all the time people who say they cant eat healthy because..... they can't afford it. I think this is karma because I used to use this excuse NONstop as I drove through fast food and went out to eat constantly. Anyways, I'm gonna start something called $10 Dollar Tuesdays where I share a meal with you that I made that costs me less than $10! You in?!? Our first $10 meal >> BBQ Chicken! One thing youll learn with me is that I love the grill (again back to the clean up aspect). For cheap and simple, I keep it basic. A meat, a potato & a veggie. Green beans wouldn't be my top veggie pick, but they are cheaper for us since we can them &&& my family actually likes them-- dinner wit