Skip to main content

Twiced Baked Potatoes

"My husband is a meat and potato guy."
^^^this is one of the most common objections I get when it comes to women starting their health and fitness journey.

I get it, my husband is too! But just because your husband loves meat & potatoes, doesn't mean you can't start YOUR journey.

I know, I know. You don't want to make multiple meals.
THAT IS ME. I refuse. You're not going to see me catering to everyone's pickiness. I make one meal and they get to choose if they eat it or not.

So maybe you got a meat and potato man. Let me share with you one of my favorite potato recipes. Simple, delicious and family friendly.


Twice baked potatoes
Ingredients 4 potatoes
6 slices of bacon
1-2 Tablespoons sour cream (can substitute Greek yogurt instead)
Himalayan pink salt
ground pepper
onion powder
3/4 cup shredded cheese

Instructions
Rinse off your potatoes and stabbed multiple times with a fork. rap eat potato individually in plastic wrap in microwave for 3 minutes.
While those are cooking, fry up your bacon and mince it.

When the potatoes are done take them out, unwrap, cut in half and scoop out the insides. Be sure and leave a thin layer on the outside of the skin to keep your potato sturdy.
put the potato guts in a bowl add in sour cream, half a cup of cheese, salt, pepper, onion powder (to taste).
Take the potato filling and add it back to the potatoes. sprinkle potatoes with cheese and bacon and put them in the oven to bake. I normally bake at 350 for 10-20 minutes until golden brown. Please, feel free to share with your friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Bake Super Cookie

Anyone else struggle with after school snacks? My kids, they LOVE junk. They walk in the door begging for candy, chips, cookies. All the things they don't need. I've made it a mission of mine to provide them healthy options when they get home. Today we are mixing up an old favorite &&& we even put a spin on it! No Bake Cookies, make with my supershake (Shakeology). We did vanilla & chocolate because my oldest is just like me; NOT a chocolate eater. So he has peanut butter flavor. These boys are gonna go nutsssss for these. I LOVE this option because its sweet, so to them its a treat. But it has the vitamins and nutrients from my supershake to help fuel their body (it acts like 7 salads) so #momwin I don't feel guilty packing this in their lunch, letting them grab a couple as they run and play. No Bake Super Cookie Ingredients: 2 scoops chocolate Shakeology OR vanilla Shakeology 1 cup oats 1 cup Peanut Butter 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup coconut o

$10 Tuesday | Breakfast edition

You know my goal is $10 or less, What if I told you breakfast for under $2?!? YUPPPPPP! Friends, get on my level.  That's cheaper than stopping at the gas station, running through fast food and 100x healthier! Let me share with you one of my favorite breakfast meals! Overnight Oats & Eggs Super simple, super easy, budget win. x Now let's break it down. Oatmeal -- $2.29 Blueberries -- $2.29 Almond Milk -- $1.99 Eggs -- .88 Mushrooms -- 1.89 ________________________ Total spent = $6.57 But wait, that's before breaking it down by the number of days you can use it for. This is over a weeks worth of breakfast y'all. One tub of oatmeal can last me 2+ weeks! Eggs, you have plenty for 6 days, etc. So let me show you my best guess. Oatmeal -- $2.29 / 14 = .16 Blueberries -- $2.29 / 4 = .57 Almond Milk -- $1.99 / 7 = .28 Eggs -- .88 / 6 = .15 Mushrooms -- 1.89 / 5 = .38 __________________________ Total for one meal = $1.54 Mind.Blow

Guacamole, Guacamole!

Anyone else OBSESSED with guacamole, or is it just me?!? Im gonna be honest im so obsessed I could eat it all day everyday and not get tired of it. Buttttt buying it premade is a little bit pricey so I had to find a quick, simple recipe to make it from home. So I thought I would share with you! G o ahead and hit the save && share this link with a friend who would LOVE this recipe. Sharing is caring!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ Ingredients ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 cup finely minced onion⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 4 ripe avocados⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 Roma tomato diced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 c cilantro minced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp ground cumin⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 tsp minced jalapeno (optional)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Directions⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Cut avocados in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seed. Scoop out the flesh and add to a bowl. A dd lime juice then use a fork to mash until creamy, but still chunky. Stir in the tomato, cilantro, cumin, onions, salt &