Skip to main content

Who am I?

Hey there,
Thanks for stumbling upon my blog. I'm not sure what brings you here, but I hope in my words you can find just what you're looking for.

Before I dive in, I feel like I need to tell you who I am. I'm Deidra, the writer, the momma, the doer.

Literally I wear like a hundred hat. I have 3 amazing boys who I get to stay home with daily. My husband Kenny is my best friend & biggest supporter. He is a union carpenter & the best daddy to our boys. Raising a family, now that shits hard. Its a full time job in itself.
On top of that I'm also a virtual health coach. Each day I get to wake up and share my heart, my journey and inspire other women. Being a "health & fitness coach" is something I literally NEVER would have imagined. I'm the girl that hates physical activity and can smash a pizza like nobody's business. How this fell into my lap, well that's a different story. But every single day I get to wake up passionate about helping others, giving back and empowering YOU to believe you are worthy and capable of amazing things.

Wow, even just writing that seems weird.
Me, inspire others? Yeah, I never thought that was possible. I mean I'm totally ordinary. Just your average momma trying to manage the chaos and grow into a better person each day. That's the cool thing though.

I love being outdoors and I LOVE adventures.
My favorite color is pink.
I love to dance and sing (even though I'm not good at either).
Sunshine & laying in a hammock is my definition of happy.


Now, onto the blog and why you're actually here...
What can you expect?

I'm going to be 100000% transparent, who knows! My dreams since middle school was to be able to travel the world and share photos and tell my story in writing so others can see, here and travel through my eyes. Maybe inspire them to step out of their comfort zone and check out new places.

I've tried & failed blogs multiple times so even just writing this is a push for me. But the thing about life is YOU get to create it. So let's turn my dreams into reality! -- no really, hold me to it! Oh and if you're the grammar police checking to make sure its perfect. **spoiler alert** it totally will be terrible because I'm not professional and my style is anything but ordinary.

My goal is that you can come here, read and relate but walk away with knowledge that you can use. I will share me and my life.
My travels, because well that's my favorite.
But also momming, the real life behind the scenes.
Marriage; and how I deal with the ups and downs.
Our debt free journey; because its totally going to happen.
&& honestly anything that pulls at my heart.


So thank you, for taking time out of your day to listen to me, to invest in my heart & my words.
- D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Bake Super Cookie

Anyone else struggle with after school snacks? My kids, they LOVE junk. They walk in the door begging for candy, chips, cookies. All the things they don't need. I've made it a mission of mine to provide them healthy options when they get home. Today we are mixing up an old favorite &&& we even put a spin on it! No Bake Cookies, make with my supershake (Shakeology). We did vanilla & chocolate because my oldest is just like me; NOT a chocolate eater. So he has peanut butter flavor. These boys are gonna go nutsssss for these. I LOVE this option because its sweet, so to them its a treat. But it has the vitamins and nutrients from my supershake to help fuel their body (it acts like 7 salads) so #momwin I don't feel guilty packing this in their lunch, letting them grab a couple as they run and play. No Bake Super Cookie Ingredients: 2 scoops chocolate Shakeology OR vanilla Shakeology 1 cup oats 1 cup Peanut Butter 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup coconut o

$10 Tuesday | Breakfast edition

You know my goal is $10 or less, What if I told you breakfast for under $2?!? YUPPPPPP! Friends, get on my level.  That's cheaper than stopping at the gas station, running through fast food and 100x healthier! Let me share with you one of my favorite breakfast meals! Overnight Oats & Eggs Super simple, super easy, budget win. x Now let's break it down. Oatmeal -- $2.29 Blueberries -- $2.29 Almond Milk -- $1.99 Eggs -- .88 Mushrooms -- 1.89 ________________________ Total spent = $6.57 But wait, that's before breaking it down by the number of days you can use it for. This is over a weeks worth of breakfast y'all. One tub of oatmeal can last me 2+ weeks! Eggs, you have plenty for 6 days, etc. So let me show you my best guess. Oatmeal -- $2.29 / 14 = .16 Blueberries -- $2.29 / 4 = .57 Almond Milk -- $1.99 / 7 = .28 Eggs -- .88 / 6 = .15 Mushrooms -- 1.89 / 5 = .38 __________________________ Total for one meal = $1.54 Mind.Blow

Guacamole, Guacamole!

Anyone else OBSESSED with guacamole, or is it just me?!? Im gonna be honest im so obsessed I could eat it all day everyday and not get tired of it. Buttttt buying it premade is a little bit pricey so I had to find a quick, simple recipe to make it from home. So I thought I would share with you! G o ahead and hit the save && share this link with a friend who would LOVE this recipe. Sharing is caring!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ Ingredients ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 cup finely minced onion⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 4 ripe avocados⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 Roma tomato diced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 c cilantro minced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp ground cumin⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 tsp minced jalapeno (optional)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Directions⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Cut avocados in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seed. Scoop out the flesh and add to a bowl. A dd lime juice then use a fork to mash until creamy, but still chunky. Stir in the tomato, cilantro, cumin, onions, salt &