Skip to main content

S'more fun

I've missed date nights!
With total chaos erupting in the weaver home >> Holidays, surgery, recovery, sickness it honestly has not even been a possibility and dang is it noticeable in how we love each other.

When my husband and I aren't getting that time to connect, talk, just be intentional with our relationship it makes room for doubt, frustration and distance. We have both been feeling it. Even being together practically 24/7 it hasn't been focused. We knew it was time to bring back date nights as a weekly thing! && both of us were pumped up.

Last year we bought this cool little book to help with date night ideas.Its called the adventure challenge. It was $40 but its FILLED with surprise dates. YUP A SURPRISE!
How it works is you read the icons to see what you need/how to prepare & the name of the date and pick. When you scratch it, you're committing to it -- no matter what.
Scratch it off and complete the date.

So we picked one & scratched it to get the supplies. The date? >> Smores night in!

Our task was to get the goodies to make smores. Then create an indoor fort to cozy up in. Then google top 10 romance movies & pick one to watch!

I'm not a smores lover so I had to get a little creative and got some sugar cookies, apples, caramel, candy bites, odds and ends to dress it up. I even made it up on a cutting board to serve it on! A can of heat and we were ready.

WELL, after we did the whole parenting thing.  While I was cooking and getting ready, Kenny and the boys got the tent set up so that after dinner we could tuck them in and send them off to bed. I always thought we couldnt make time for dates because well; you're tired AF. But iv'e noticed since doing this they get excited for us & it honestly helps me up my energy spending time with Kenny feeling loved. These boys are seeing what it's like to date your spouse and see home important it is.


Anyways, back to the date. I read Kenny the top 10 movies. There were some awesome ones on there, but we wanted one we had never seen before. Kenny picked one called Chasing Amy... which ended up not being one of our favorites at all. My husband is a saint and gave me so much grace as I dozed in and out of the movie the whole time.

Date night was absolutely amazing because of the time we got to spend together. It was so simple but so perfect.
If you're needing a fun night in idea, I HIGHLY recommend all the s'more fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Bake Super Cookie

Anyone else struggle with after school snacks? My kids, they LOVE junk. They walk in the door begging for candy, chips, cookies. All the things they don't need. I've made it a mission of mine to provide them healthy options when they get home. Today we are mixing up an old favorite &&& we even put a spin on it! No Bake Cookies, make with my supershake (Shakeology). We did vanilla & chocolate because my oldest is just like me; NOT a chocolate eater. So he has peanut butter flavor. These boys are gonna go nutsssss for these. I LOVE this option because its sweet, so to them its a treat. But it has the vitamins and nutrients from my supershake to help fuel their body (it acts like 7 salads) so #momwin I don't feel guilty packing this in their lunch, letting them grab a couple as they run and play. No Bake Super Cookie Ingredients: 2 scoops chocolate Shakeology OR vanilla Shakeology 1 cup oats 1 cup Peanut Butter 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup coconut o

$10 Tuesday | Breakfast edition

You know my goal is $10 or less, What if I told you breakfast for under $2?!? YUPPPPPP! Friends, get on my level.  That's cheaper than stopping at the gas station, running through fast food and 100x healthier! Let me share with you one of my favorite breakfast meals! Overnight Oats & Eggs Super simple, super easy, budget win. x Now let's break it down. Oatmeal -- $2.29 Blueberries -- $2.29 Almond Milk -- $1.99 Eggs -- .88 Mushrooms -- 1.89 ________________________ Total spent = $6.57 But wait, that's before breaking it down by the number of days you can use it for. This is over a weeks worth of breakfast y'all. One tub of oatmeal can last me 2+ weeks! Eggs, you have plenty for 6 days, etc. So let me show you my best guess. Oatmeal -- $2.29 / 14 = .16 Blueberries -- $2.29 / 4 = .57 Almond Milk -- $1.99 / 7 = .28 Eggs -- .88 / 6 = .15 Mushrooms -- 1.89 / 5 = .38 __________________________ Total for one meal = $1.54 Mind.Blow

Guacamole, Guacamole!

Anyone else OBSESSED with guacamole, or is it just me?!? Im gonna be honest im so obsessed I could eat it all day everyday and not get tired of it. Buttttt buying it premade is a little bit pricey so I had to find a quick, simple recipe to make it from home. So I thought I would share with you! G o ahead and hit the save && share this link with a friend who would LOVE this recipe. Sharing is caring!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ Ingredients ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 cup finely minced onion⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 4 ripe avocados⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 Roma tomato diced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/4 c cilantro minced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp ground cumin⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1 tsp minced jalapeno (optional)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Directions⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Cut avocados in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seed. Scoop out the flesh and add to a bowl. A dd lime juice then use a fork to mash until creamy, but still chunky. Stir in the tomato, cilantro, cumin, onions, salt &